CDL Group Seminar
In this seminar, members and guests of our group as well as students preparing a bachelor or master thesis in our group meet weekly to present their work. If you want to do a thesis in our group, you will have to attend this seminar. For UdS students: This seminar counts as the Bachelor/Masterseminar.
|When||Thursdays at 14:00 (sine tempore)|
|Where||Room 401, E1 3|
Note that due to public holidays individual sessions may be scheduled to a different slot.
The first seminar meeting will be on April, 7th, 2016
|2016-04-07 14:00 s.t.||Govinda Sicheneder||Syntax-Guided Synthesis Through Graph Planning|
|2016-04-21 14:00 s.t.||Wiam Rachid||Polyhedral Task Parallelism|
|2016-04-29 14:00 s.t.||Michel Steuwer||The lift Project: Performance Portability via Rewrite Rules|
|2016-06-02 14:00 s.t.||Immanuel Haffner||Offline Partial Evaluation of LLVM Bitcode|
|2016-06-09 14:00 s.t.||Julian Rosemann||Formal Verification of a Family of Spilling Algorithms|
|2016-06-14 14:00 s.t.||Tobias Blass||WCET Estimation of Write-Back Caches|
|2016-07-21 14:00 s.t.||Immanuel Haffner||Offline Partial Evaluation of LLVM Bitcode|
|2016-08-11 14:00 s.t.||Matthias Kurtenacker||On Synchronization in the Polyhedral Model|
|2016-09-01 14:00 s.t.||Govinda Sicheneder||Syntax-Guided Synthesis through Graph Planning|
|2016-09-08 14:00 s.t.||Till Speicher||Safe and Fast Memory Management for AnyDSL|
You need to:
- Find a topic and an advisor and read related work (literature etc.) which is not part of the master seminar itself.
- Discuss related work and your approach with your advisor.
- Attend the seminar at least 10 times. Your attendance can start at any time and need not be completed within a single semester.
- Write and submit a proposal (see regulations below).
- Give a talk in which you explain your plans for the thesis (this means presenting the contents of your proposal) [graded].
- Start working on your thesis.
- Submit the thesis in the term after you got the seminar schein. If you fail to do so, you will need to attend another master seminar (probably at another chair) before you are allowed to start another thesis.
- Give a final talk in the seminar.
The first time you show up at the master seminar, make sure to give us your email address. It will be added to the mailing list and you will receive email notifications before each upcoming session.
After getting the Schein, students need to register their thesis at the Prüfungsamt.
Although the thesis proposal is not part of the master seminar itself, we require a proposal to contain:
- A problem description.
- Discuss related work.
- State a hypothesis which explains how to solve the problem.
- Name potential risks, assumptions and restrictions of your approach (as well as possible solutions).
- Validation and evaluation of your approach.
- Time schedule
- Length 5 to 10 pages
- Must-have criteria: Things your thesis must cover to be successful
- May-have criteria: Things your thesis can cover to improve its value
- Must-not-have criteria: Things your thesis will not cover (although one may think so)
A presentation of such a thesis proposal must meet the following requirements:
- length about 25 minutes
- plus 5-10 minutes for questions
In cases of questions, do not hesitate to ask Michael Jacobs.